Saturday, May 11, 2013

24 Weeks


24 weeks

How far along: 24 weeks

Development:  MiniDog is the size of a grapefruit

Movement: All the time. His movements are becoming more and more pronounced. RDog predicts a tennis player based on the aggressive bumps that are going on in my uterus. 

Weight Gain: 26 pounds -Still having a hard time with this number. All the comments about my weight don't help. Twice this week, I heard the comment "you must be due any day now." Why people think they should comment on a pregnant woman's size is beyond me. But I did have a very nice doctor at my check up this week (the doctors rotate so it's a different one most times) who told me I was tiny! It probably helped that the rest of the women in the waiting room were morbidly obese, making me look tiny in comparison. Seriously, they all were; it was so odd. I think it must have been a high risk day of appointments.

Maternity Clothes:  Most things except sweaters.

Stretch Marks:  None yet. I am usually heavily greased up so I think this is helping. With all my eczema problems, I have a lot of moisturisers on the go.

Best moment of my week:  Baby stuff shopping with my mom.

Worst moment:  Hearing the phrase "Down's Syndrome" at my doctor appointment. Our little guy has a small spot on his heart which could be a soft marker of Down's Syndrome but the doctor assured us it is a very rare chance. All my Googling agrees with her point but it was still scary to hear those words spoken aloud. It was also a little nerve wracking to find out that my all my fibroids may cause him to arrive early.

Sleep:  Good - still loving my Snoogle

Miss Anything:  Ice cream. I've figured out that my eczema problems are being caused by dairy. My naturpath doctor did some food sensitivity tests a few months ago and found that I have a lot of food sensitivity issues, the biggest being dairy but also some weird ones like coconut and watermelon. He recommended cutting back on those foods which I did. I thought it would be ok for an occasional dairy treat now and then but I guess not. Last weekend, I had some ice cream and a bowl of seafood chowder and boy did I pay for it; stomach pains and a return of my rash that lasted for a week. So now dairy is completely on the banned list (I'm taking calcium supplements so my little guy gets what he needs). I'm hopeful that things will return to normal, reaction wise, once this pregnancy is over.

Food Cravings: Oreos and ice tea

Aversions:  No longer grossed out by salads! Yah. The sight of RDog's steak tonight almost made me throw up but I've never been a fan of red meat.

Gender:  Baby Boy

Symptoms: I've had my first experience with Braxton Hicks and have been feeling a bit dizzy lately. My doctor suggested Gatorade to help with the dizziness. I think I went a little overboard with the return of salads to my diet (I was eating them everyday for lunch and supper). So I'm trying to add more snacks to my life without worrying too much about the numbers on the scale.

Belly Button: Slowly moving out

Rings:  On

Moody or Happy:  Pretty happy most of the time. Except for random tears about the silliest things, like being thirsty waiting in the doctor's office when the water cooler was broken.

Looking Forward: Relaxing in the summer before the baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment