Wednesday, November 7, 2012

An Emotional Day

November 2, 2012

November 2, 2012

Sweater: J Crew
Skirt: J Crew Factory
Booties: Naturalizer
Brooch: My aunt's

This picture was taken on the 4th anniversary of my aunt's death. I knew I would be thinking of her all day, so I wanted to wear something special. This brooch was the perfect choice. After her death, my mother found this brooch among my aunt's belongings and kept it for me (because I am girly and like sparkly things). Her life was difficult and she didn't have a lot of material belongings to pass along. I'm just glad I have a little something to remember the good bits of her life.

I was already feeling emotional that morning but then my teacher friend texted me to tell me his expectant wife went into labour a month early! Even though she was early, everything is fine with the new little one. I am very happy for my two dear friends. It still blows my mind that they created another living being!

So this ended up being a very emotional day, much of it with me on the edge of the tears. Although, with the baby news, they were very happy tears. Team Baby; woot, woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment