Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Dress Rules

July 11, 2012

July 11, 2012

July 11, 2012

DSC_0002

July 11, 2012

Dress: Old Navy found here and here
Necklace: J Crew
Shoes: Banana Republic

This is another new easy summer dress to add to my collection. I love when Old Navy Canada carries dresses in tall sizes. They are the perfect length for me. Although this dress broke my "cotton only" rule, it's still a pretty good summer dress. It's rayon and was able to keep me looking cool and fresh on this hot and humid day.

I love the dress so much, I ordered it in two other colors. I know, I buy way too many things in multiples (hello 18 Jackie cardigans). The last dress I bought multiples of, shown here, was a bust. I loved the green and blue version but the white and black dress was much too sheer. That breaks my summer dress rules. If it's too sheer, it's too much work for summer!

In other news, I'd like to thank all the wonderful bloggers who awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award. Apples and Pencil Skirts, One Too Many Closets, and 1 More Shopping Blog - you rock!


I'm a bit of a rule breaker. Instead of passing it on, I thought I'd just share some of my favorite blogs that are indeed very lovely.

I read a lot of decorating blogs and these two are among my favorites:

Modern Jane - A fellow Maritimer (she is in PEI) who decorates in a lovely, attainable way. I hate when looking at blogs and think, "I could only do that if I won the lottery." I look at Jane's pictures and think "I could do that!"
Just Beachy - This blog is great at showing how to take a builder basic home and customize it. She does all the work herself, even carpentry. I am in awe.

Some of my favorite teacher fashion blogs:
Musings on the Mountain  - I want all her clothes
Oh She Dabbles - A new discovery of mine

And here another favorite blog. I just think she is so cool and pretty.
To Brighten My Day

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment