Friday, July 10, 2009

I have a problem

I was really good with not drinking the Crewlade for the last couple of months. This past week I have been a bad girl! I need to stop! Does anyone who has had a successful shopping ban have any tips?

In the meantime, I have a few J Crew treasures coming my way so I've made a few Polyvores.

Untitled
Untitled by KDot featuring J Crew


My Georgia cardigan arrived yesterday and I love it! I also found another Victoria cami. The last one I ordered was a size 6 in cerise. Since regular sizes were sold out, I tried a 6P and it fits fine.

Untitled
Untitled by KDot featuring J Crew

The Nicky skirt popped back and I snagged it.

Untitled
Untitled by KDot featuring J Crew


I liked the Georgia cardigan so much that I ordered another in stone. Seriously, my closet shelf is going to break from the weight of all my J Crew cardigans.

Untitled
Untitled by KDot featuring J Crew


The gladiola print cami popped back too so of course, me with no will power, had to order it.

Al my finds were great deals but when they are added together, plus the exchange rate and duty, it adds up to a big credit card bill. If I add up all that I've spent at J Crew and Martin and Osa (my other online weakness) in the past few months, I think it would scare me and anger my husband. This is money that can be better spent elsewhere. I know that but changing my ways is easier said than done. But from now on, I am going to try!

8 comments:

  1. I've told my boyfriend that when we get married, we can have a shared account for everything household related, etc and then each have an account of our own, mine for clothes and his for tech gadgets! That way he can never be cross with me for clothes shopping (and me with him for buying techie toys)

    ;)

    I really don't think your shopahalicism is that bad...it seems like everything you buy is practical and makes a great addition to your wardrobe. As long as you're not buying anything that will just sit in the closet with the tags on, I think you're doin' fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zoe, I'm going to show your message to my husband :P He buys a lot of tech gadgets too!

    I know it is not too bad, especially compared to others. I'm not going on a ban or anything, I just need to cut back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the victoria and the gladiola! I have 3 victoria camis and 2 victoria shirts -- definitely one of my fave pieces from Fall 08. It has taken an esteemed spot in my closet next to the Fall 07 Bella blazer.

    re: cutting back, i just don't check the jc site in the morning for updates...it's a game and playing it too often is bad for the wallet! and for the cheapie alternatives like F21 I only go on the site when I have a giftcard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip Jcbellemarie. I do play the update game every morning. I plan my mornings around update time. Very sad, must stop doing that.

    I've also started blocking a lot of my emails. I haven't blocked JCrew yet but lots of other stores' emails now go right in the junk folder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't think you're too bad. there are so many people out there who just buy and buy stuff and it just sits in their closets with tags. just like zoe said, as long as you're buying practical pieces and actually wearing them, you're fine!

    the best thing i've done to help cut back spending is just ignoring the websites and immediately deleting promotional emails. if it's out of sight, it goes out of mind. i would NOT block or unsubscribe from jcrew emails--i did that once and it was hell trying to get back on the lists!

    ReplyDelete
  6. btw...you got some really GREAT stuff! lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say I am one to give advice in this situation, but I agree w/ignoring the websites. I finally got out of the habit of checking J Crew daily and it's made a difference. I also ignore the emails or unsubscribe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't unsubscribe, but I did delete as soon as they entered my inbox. And it made reading my email a LOT quicker. :)

    I agree with the others above - it doesn't seem like you are that bad at all. But I agree that it is always a good thing to evaluate. I am trying to curb the spending for a while as well.

    Love your purchases, though - I think you will really enjoy those pieces. I love my Nicky skirt...I just need to iron it. :)

    ReplyDelete