Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy anniversary

Today is our one year anniversary. We made it! We're almost at the 9th year mark in our relationship's total.


My wedding dress was a Pronovias (London style). When I started dress shopping, I was not impressed with my local bridal salons. Every dress was a Maggie; strapless and satin. There is nothing wrong with dresses like that, but I wanted something different. Looking at pictures online, I decided I wanted a lace Pronovias dress but the closest place to order one was in Toronto, which is really not close. I hit EBay and found a seller that looked trustworthy and bought my dress. The problem happened with the sizing. The Maggies I tried on usually were a size 12 and they fit fine. Not looking at Pronovias dress measurements, I bought a size 12. In Pronovias-land, that really meant a size 6! Yikes! In the end, everything turned out ok. Having a beautiful, but small dress, hanging in my closet provided me with the best motivation to lose 25 pounds.

My shoes were Franco Sarto, my veil was a birdcage veil found on EBay and my jewelry was diamond earrings and a diamond necklace that was a wedding gift from my groom. And it was a great day! Today we're off on a little romantic getaway.

9 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, KDot! Yikes, what a tale about the dress sizing -- that would be motivation, indeed! Good on you for achieving your goal! I'm thinking of doing that clean diet you've mentioned ... Maybe I, too, should buy an undersized dress as motivation? (consumery piglet that I am, heehee!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pronovias has beautiful dresses, they are from Barcelona and stunning,I have been to a few weddings in spain and the brides are always wearing pronovias! I also went dress shopping for my wedding in the USA and was so disappointed in most of them, the brides maid dresses were even worse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!

    I find Maggies boring too, hopefully when it's my turn to get married I'll be able to find a lovely alternative like you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making it one year! And way to go for the dress - a 12 to a 6 is incredible! I'm sure you looked just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!! Le sigh. It is so true, unless you have a Vera Wang budget, you're stuck with racks and racks of Maggies or you have to take a chance and buy online. Looks like you made a great call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! Hope you had a great time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my goodness, that top pic is gorgeous!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!! Gorgeous pic above, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone! We had a fantastic mini getaway. My husband spoiled me!

    ReplyDelete