Sunday, May 3, 2009

Flipping my closet


I did some reorganizing in my closet today. In an effort to start wearing more of my clothes, I flipped all of my clothes hangers. This served two purposes. First, it forced me to look at each piece of clothing I as I took it out and flipped it around. I was hit with several outfit inspirations with pieces I haven't looked at in awhile. Secondly, this will be an easy visual reminder of what I am not wearing. After I wear a piece, I will return it to my closet with the hanger the right side out.

I hope this will have two effects. One, I will wear all my clothes. Two, I will buy less. I'm not going to ban shopping altogether because I know with my personality, it would just not work. And there are holes in my closet that I like to full. For instance, I'd like to have more prints, scarfs, and colored shoes. I'm going to start shopping more selectively.

6 comments:

  1. I recently started investing in more colored shoes after a black phaze and I have to say, they've all been money well-spent!!! They can spice up any ole outfit a little bit more and they always make me feel a bit more prissy and put together!!!

    I find that I'm really wearing my new turquois sandals a lot cause really, turquois can go with nearly ANYTHING!!! Show us what you end up buying when you start filling those holes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on more colorful shoes - I do need to find some cute, comfy, colorful flats. I've heard about the flipping hangers idea and I really should do it because it is supposed to be a fab system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to do the hanger "flip" for a while now. Isn't it such a great idea? Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to do this too. I am a little afraid of what I will learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're blog has been nominated for an award on my blog...http://megjustsaying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete