Monday, February 16, 2009

Martin and Osa Love

A few weeks ago, I placed my first Martin & Osa order when the site was having an extra 30% off sale. My items arrived tonight and I now have Martin & Osa love.

First of all, I love additional percentage off sales so that is one point for M&O. Secondly, shipping was free. Yes, I live in Canada and shipping was free. As a Canadian, who orders from many American websites, I am often hit hard by the shipping costs (looking at you J Crew). The duty and tax can only get crazy as well (ahem, J Crew and V Secret). As my package came from Ontario, there was also no duty. Woot, woot.

As I opened up the box, I was immediately impressed. My items were carefully wrapped in plastic and crisp white tissue paper. My invoice came concealed in a thick, smooth blue envelope.

My first item was a pleated silk blouse in twilight. It is a soft silk with a slight hammered effect and fits perfectly. I think this will be great for layering and, when warmer weather hits, for pairing with my new beige pencil skirt that I acquired at Cassis a few weeks ago.

The second item I ordered was the moody rose silk shift dress. Unfortunately, I estimated wrong with the sizing of this dress. My trunk has more junk than this dress will allow for. It is a beautiful dress, however, with a lovely print, soft fabric and lining. It was the same story with the stretch satin shift dress in green. It was just a tad too tight around my thighs of thunder.

It was a bit of a sad day until I looked more closely at my invoice. Free returns. . . for Canadians??? Fantastic. So my two dresses are now repackaged waiting to go back to Canada Post. I called M&O and spoke to a very pleasant young man who assured me that they will send out my dresses in a larger size, still free of charge. The two dresses are still in stock, although I may have to switch the color of the satin dress to black. But I love it so much, I don't care about the color.

I am in love with Martin & Osa. They may replace J Crew as my go-to shopping site, especially with all of J Crew's problems. I do not think it is acceptable to pay $45 tax plus $20 shipping on a $165 order that is final sale and cannot be returned. I have played the restock game lately and have been chasing a Merino Lea Cardingan. I've ordered it FOUR times only to have it cancelled everytime and reappear on the site the next day. The love affair with J Crew may be drawing to an end.

Now I'm off to shop at M&O. Psst, they have an extra 20% off today. Get shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there KDot

    My name is Erik Regan, I'm the Online Marketing Coordinator for Martin + Osa. We absolutely love that you love us and would like to show our gratitude with a pair of denim from our new Fall line! No joke. Email me at ReganE@ae.com and we will work out the details.

    We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks again for your support!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete